Monday, February 28, 2011

New week, new and advanced events..

Tonight... We're babysitting a 18 week old Wheaten puppy. I have just enough time to put everything up high, nail it down or wrap it with bubble wrap. Gawd knows what Beckett and a puppy will be like if he's not on a lead.




It was a great session for Beckett. We went to John's for a Playdate with Lochie and to meet the other "John" the dog trainer. He has been recommended for helping with Beckett's actions of distrust. I'd love to think we can do it all, but perhaps an outside opinion on our methods would help. After looking at this one video, you'd wonder how such a peaceful spirit could still distrust us. He does trust us, but just not 100%. If you're in doubt, just watch him jump into the car with us now! Garin.... you'd not recognize that frightened dog you handed over a month ago. He seems perfectly happy to sit in the back seat, watch things go by, occasionally reach up and lick my neck now (yeah.. that one helps mend my broken heart for all of the growling he does). I was also in for a 'licking' while trying to do a few crunches on the living room floor last evening. It felt weird having my bald spot licked! I didn't stop him since he felt it was safe to approach me in that fashion. LOL He also insists in taking over my seat when I exit the car. He just sits there and doesn't make a sound when people go by.



As you can see, both Beckett and Lochie have decided that I don't influence their play time at all. I can just imagine the poor tenant below me wondering what in the world I was up to. LOL Lucky for me we own the building huh? :P

There has been a rapid change of habit. This one was like turning a light on and off. Beckett now insists on joining me when i head outside. He is the one running to the door, making his funny growling sound, and nervously dancing between the top of the first step and the floor level before settling down and allowing me to clip on to his collar. I'm not sure what caused the transition, but I'll take it as a plus.

For all the moments we've experienced that rip into our hearts and cause us to doubt our influence on this little guy, there are times like this weekend and tonight where we get our Hope Chest filled again... just enough to get us through the next stage. For those of you out there like us, our hearts go out to you and hope you're able to find the silver lining in these fleeting moments of clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment