Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gotta take a head cam with me on walks...

It's now Thursday and although I didn't get any pictures yet, the snowfall is quite substantial considering we were NOT supposed to have a 'storm'. I think the two people I helped push out of snowbanks this morning would beg to differ that it WAS a snow storm indeed!

Beckett, I am presuming, has never played in deep snow before. Last night around 10:30 we went for his walk and as he ran into the empty lot he was bounding like a rabbit and then tried plowing his way through the fluffy snow drifts. I should have had a head cam because at one point he just stopped and laid on his side as if to say "I LIKE THIS". He had a big smile on his face... and huge piles of snowballs clinging to his fur.

Earlier in the evening we did a bit of work on him. He actually let himself be brushed for about a 1/2 hour and have even more of the matted fur be cut away from his back legs. No growling but it took a spell for him to unclench. Toward the end he was enjoying it but just not saying so. LOL

I'll take the camera with me this afternoon and we'll try to get a little of him romping. That would show you his love of the outdoors. Indoors, well, that may take a spell. His growling migrates over to a moan/gargle type sound and is sort of funny when he is getting his cheese because it sounds like he's saying yum yum.

K. just did a doggie run and snapped some video..

1 comment:

  1. Watching him react to the sound of the traffic reminds me of my Miss Maisy alot. I do think some Wheaten's are hyper sensitive to sound- he appears to be- perhaps I am wrong . He looks really wonderful and I think he is coming along really nicely.
    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete