Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb 2, 2011 Regression day... we knew it would come


This morning we had a bit of a setback for Beckett. He did have an accident through the night in spite of me taking him out at midnight as we have built the pattern around.




As well, this morning, Darrin met with more fear and anxiety when trying to clip on to Beckett at his normal 'cornering' spot. That being up on the sofa. Beckett did snap at Darrin's hand but didn't bite down, just the fear reaction. This just means I can't let him near any children until I know that aspect of his fear has evaporated. It'd be much better if it were just 'gone' magically some day but as everyone keeps telling me, it will take time. Now is when we have to stay true to the training and hope we're doing things the right way to move it along rather than reinforcing it to stay. This is much like raising children, you realllllly hope you're doing the right things at the right times for the individual's needs and growth. Mind you I was only bit once by one of our children and it was while I was checking for baby teeth coming in. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment