Thursday, March 10, 2011

Take a doggie to work day!!

It's March 10, 2011 and today is Taking Beckett to work day! Since most of the staff are away on site work with clients, I thought it was much more sensible to just take him into work with me. Lisa and Kimberly are the only other staff in-house so they're great about it.

You have to remember that Beckett now runs to the door when we are going out because he wants to come with us and going into strange places isn't one of his strengths yet. My office is located on the top floor of an old brick building and the stairs are an Open concept so getting him up here was a worry. I sometimes worry too much! He ran along side me all the way up. He came through the door without hesitation and even the noise of the alarm system before disarming didn't make him drop a log.

We had 5 minutes to scope out the place together before Lisa came in. Lisa came in, said awwe he's so cute... THEN he dropped some logs on the carpet. First impressions are always soooo important! I just told Lisa she forgot her make-up. LOL I'm sure the black eye will go away in a week's time. Just joking.. no bruise is showing.

On Tuesday, Beckett when with Darrin on the road for meetings all day. Apparently Beckett was great to sit in the car during the meeting and between meetings Darrin said he did his business and wasn't a problem at all. There was also copious amounts of Beckett licking Darrin's ear and neck from the back seat along the way too.

We are now seeing a dog on the mend. I have to say it is these moments that help erase the not so great moments.

Last evening Darrin and I were watching TV and Beckett was curled up on the floor about a foot away from us. We started talking about how he came to us and both realized that we had the same thoughts run through our heads when Garin pull open her truck door and presented Beckett for the first time. "What the hell did we get ourselves into?" was one initial thought that didn't make it to our lips and the second was "I just need him (fill in the name Doug or Darrin..) to say one word about this not being what we were ready for ... and I'm outta here!

I'm so glad we didn't go with our gut instincts to flee when we first met him. For the rest of you, I hope you don't think little of me for saying that but REALLY... his first impression is AWFUL! Thank gawd these dogs are beyond cute.

The more time Beckett spends with us, and I mean each day, the more noticeable is the reduction of his growling. Maybe this ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment