Friday, January 23, 2009

Looking for input

Now that I've decided on the "look" I want to establish, I need some input from the GBLT vacationing community. If you were interested in coming to PEI for a vacation, what would you need to see within this blog that would help you better understand what we have to offer.

It may be the issue of Gay-Friendly or Gay Owned accommodations, to just plain old excursion packages available.

Please send me your notes and I'll see if I can figure out how to incorporate them into this blog somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Interesting that you should be starting this blog now. I'm part of a group of gay-owned and gay-friendly tourism businesses and gay supportive orgnizations that met recently to discuss the development of a PEI gay tourism initiative. Our objective is to establish the Island as a gay welcoming destination.

    One of the projects we will be undertaking in conjunction with the UPEI Tourism Research Centre is research into gay tourism on PEI. So we'll be watching your blog with interest to see who comments.

    You may already be one of the individuals who attended our first meeting...but if not, you'd be welcome to join us at our next meeting Sat. Feb 7, 10:00 am at the Stratford Town Centre, Southport Room.

    Cheers
    Bill Kendrick
    Experience PEI
    www.experiencepei.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill,

    I was indeed one of the people at the meeting. It was interesting as to what I was hearing around the table and what I wasn't hearing was just as important.
    This project sounds overdue and I've got some free time on my hands to this type of background work.
    I look forward to seeing you there on Feb 7th and I hope to have some feedback to provide at this one.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete