Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Colours











Fall has arrived
For those of us who deny it, there is no way to escape the obvious... the summer has passed for 2009. :( A sigh escapes my lips every time I think of it. I am, and will always be, a lover of summer. I can be the friend of the fall but I'll forever be the lily white guy in search of a tan.... never quite achieving that goal. Similar to poor Charlie Brown who will never kick that damn football. I know his lament for I will never get that tan. There is always next summer!

We have now hauled the sailboat out of the water, the lawn gets one last mow this weekend and the patio furniture will, with great hesitation, be stored away . It's time to stock up on the firewood out on the deck, locate the snow shovels and cover the trees that need that little bit of TLC to endure our Atlantic Canadian winters.

On the UP side... I only have one more mow to do on the lawn and this time I won't have to go at full throttle in order to out maneuver the misquotes and black flies! The trees acting as a backdrop to our place are creating a fantasic pallet of colour that goes without equal the rest of the year.

I think we (Darrin... not me) planted the fall bulbs too early. They're starting to pop up now. LOL

This year is a bit odd. Normally Thanksgiving weekend is destined as our official Anniversary date but unfortunately celebrations have to be put on hold until Darrin writes his Architect exams. It's 'head down and study' this year so I'll have to make due with what I have for activities. Our friends from Sackville, Jerry and Stephen, showed up last weekend for a visit but unfortunately I had already commited to a weekend in Cape Breton NS with my friend Barb. She had not been there previously and needed someone to drive. I've been there maybe 9 times before and loved every trip. This trip was just as nice and continued to thrill me to share it with Barb... while discovering more sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment