Monday, July 6, 2009

Sailing with friends


You may not have guessed this but I'm sometimes a little difficult to peg when it comes to what you think I'd be up to. As a transplanted Islander, CFA (come from away), I'm without borders. I can choose to be as off-the-wall as I want. You may catch me sewing a button on the shirts at home, chopping wood for winter heat at the cottage, programming spreadsheets or out sailing. Hell.. I sometimes thing I'm multi-polar when it comes to my activities! I don't just think about it, I tend to go out and do it. Sometimes it wears me down too much, but it's better than sitting back and being bored and wondering what might have been.. as the saying goes.
Tonight, for example, we went out sailing even though it was a very cold, wet and windy evening. The sailing has never been so exciting. We were being pushed beyond our comfort zone and at one point we came about 4 feet away from another boat in a tight cross-over. The whole thing was frought with "edge". Liza, Mary's partner agreed to fill in for another person who couldn't make it tonight. All in all.. great time, great memory of the night.
I can't wait to take visitors out with us sometime and share the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment