Friday, April 3, 2009

post winter pre spring on PEI

Okay, I've put this off for as long as I could. It is at this time of the year that you find a great number of Islanders heading to other Islands for a few weeks!

It goes without saying, although we like to think of OUR Island as THE Island. You could easily convince anyone to swap for a few weeks...just until the mud lanes dry up. LOL

It is the only time of the year when you can have your car covered in Island red mud while driving through a snow storm and leave muddy footprints in the snow!

I'm crossing my finger but there could still be another snow storm before the end of April! I'm a true optimist though, I've got my seeds ready and my eye on the greenhouse every day when I come home. You'll find a large number of Islanders enjoy home gardens. The soil is great but the growning season is short. It gives us something to work for I guess.

There is an annual Garden Show in the small community of Crapaud (if you pronounce it with a french accent, it sounds sooo much better) this weekend. I think I'll dig myself out of the snowbank and visit just to remind me that summer is only a few weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment